MARINA EEЯRIE is a young Italian-based brand started by Marina in 2021.
The designer attended a fashion design school in London. After working at Alexander McQueen, Self-Portrait and 16Arlington as a student and graduating during the first lockdown, she moved to Puglia, Italy, to discover local artisans and to launch her first collection. Facing the pandemic and escaping a big city made her rethink the professional goals and focus on how to create a sustainable and ethical brand from scratch.
LOCALLY AND ETHICALLY MADE
- We make every single garment in our own studio in Ostuni (so-called "The White City") in Puglia, Italy. The only exceptions are knitted pieces, which are co-produced by a small family-owned manufacturer in a neighbouring town.
- We appreciate slow fashion and craftsmanship. Our designs are cut, sewn, and hand-finished with a lot of care and attention. A team of seamstresses with incredible experience sew our detailed garments.
- We produce on demand to avoid wastage (as opposed to ordering large quantities from manufacturers just to get cheaper prices).
- We value work/life balance and believe that the welfare of our team is as important as other sustainable practices. We don't have unpaid interns, we work sustainable hours.
- The whole fashion industry is geared towards waste: even buying recycled fabrics leads to waste as, in order to get competitive prices you have to order big quantities. Therefore, we use the fabrics which have already been produced. The majority of our fabrics are the highest quality deadstock fabrics that come from the best Italian fashion houses. We source them from selected, reputable Italian distributors who have close connections with these brands and guarantee quality. We found this to be the best ethical option for a brand like ours.
- We reuse the fabrics from one collection to another to minimise fabric waste.
- We love animals and don't use any real leather or fur, the wool for our knitted pieces comes from an RWS (Responsible Wool Standard) certified Italian manufacturer.
- We only use recyclable or recycled packaging.
- We are a brand that is both 100% independent and 100% female-owned
- If you read till this point: we are so proud that you also care about ethical and sustainable fashion and we are sending you our love.
MORE ABOUT MARINA EERRIE: